Monday, August 22, 2005

Done


In the words of Dora the Explorer, we did it, we did it! On Saturday morning, around 9:30 AM, Keith and I arrived at the top of Bear Peak, the highest peak in the Flatirons. The Flatirons are a series of very rocky mountains at the southwest end of Boulder. An educated guess is that they get their names from their shapes: huge flat faces that jut out of the earth at a pretty severe angle ~ around 70°.



We were both sore yesterday - mostly in our quads, although I also felt it in my triceps (we used ski poles for stabilization.) They're those good achey feelings, though. I was definitely pushing the limit of my abilities, but Keith's breathing was barely changed by the exertion. I have no doubts that he will be able to tackle Long's Peak next year. Myself? Not so sure...

Anyhow, as Keith predicted, we have a bunch of pictures that I've put up on the Shoppers site, although not a single one of us - together or separate - at the top. I think we were too tired from the climb/distracted by the view to remember to do that.

No comments: