Thursday, December 13, 2007

In a Funk

Apparently I haven't written anything since August 27. Even before that I guess I hadn't written much over the past year, possibly longer. There isn't any particular reason for this absence, I just haven't had much to say. But now I do.

On November 4th I was offered a spot on a hockey team and through a couple of generous gifts we were able to pay for the season. Ice time here in the USA is much more expensive that it is back home. So once playing on a team became much more affordable I jumped at the opportunity to play again. The team I play on is Dafoe Electric, I wear #20. The really cool thing is that we use the Toronto Maple Leafs logo. I am having a great time playing again.

In January I start Advanced Mountaineering School with the Boulder group of the Colorado Mountain Club. One vital piece of equipment that I have recently purchased with some Christmas money is a pair of plastic mountaineering boots. Warm dry feet are a necessity.
There are many things I have been thinking about lately and over the next few weeks I will start to post more often, I promise.

1 comment:

obsessiveskier said...

funk, huh?

I guess the hockey isn't doing it. We need to go skiing.