Monday, September 11, 2006

Where does the time go?

My baby started preschool today.

I wasn't there.

I'm sure I'm supposed to be sad about that. I probably am, but sadly, I'm almost too busy to think about it. Keith is excited. He's called me twice already, and I've missed both phone calls. The first call was to tell me about the drop-off. Kai clung to him for about 10 seconds, then got distracted by a toy that caught his eye and rushed off to play with it. (A vacuum cleaner, I believe. We have two at home, but there's always time for new ones) Keith dutifully snapped a couple pictures and then slinked away quietly to go back to work.

He didn't leave a message the second time he called.

Every other Friday is Spanish day. The opposite Fridays are music days. Between Dora and Diego, Kai already knows a little Spanish, but I'm excited for his opportunity to have some formal teaching. I'm excited that he's so ready for this. He's growing up so fast.

I'm guessing there will be some pictures posted tonight tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot Kai was starting preschool - how time flies :) Seems like it wasn't so long ago that you were telling off the Microtel man(ager?) for even *suggesting* that a 5 months' pregnant person sleep on the floor on the much too short window seat cushion ;)