Saturday, August 18, 2007

Groovin'

I've settled into the groove of the island: work, relax, sleep; work, relax, sleep. Occasionally, on days like yesterday, our most recent hard down day, it is simplified to just: relax, sleep. I'm enjoying aspects like the local sunrise and the unbelievable sea of stars that fill up the night sky. I'm marvelling at the first shooting star that I've ever seen in the daytime, falling out at sea in the early evening yesterday while I sat on the beach with some friends before dinner. I'm happily becoming friends with the local animal population.

That's Penta on the left and Graham on the right.

I would tell you more, but I need to go have a shower and get ready for today's flight, which deviates from the schedule that we had planned because there was a possibility of rain yesterday (it went to the east of us). Thus, we swapped our hard down for the 5 AM flight day, and because yesterday was a hard down, we can't take-off until 8 AM today. We are still gunning for a 2 AM take-off in a couple days. Cross your fingers... it depends on whether or not we can organize fuelinng at midnight. Anyhow, I need to get to the airport earlier than usual today, because I want to switch out my inlet pressure controller to see if one with larger fittings will help to regulate the pressure better between sea level and 6000'. I know, "blah blah blah".

Until next time.

No comments: