Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whereas my life slowly dissolves into...

the monotony of working as much as possible.

It seems to happen each year. Not that I'm an expert on this whole "working" thing: I managed to avoid properly entering the workforce for a good 5 years by returning to grad school and slogging my way through another degree. But, for the third straight year since the ol' defence thingy, I find myself on the cusp of yet another field study. Don't get me wrong - I love what I do, but wow... I can always tell things are gearing up for a long couple of months when I wake up at 5:30 AM and all I can do is lie in bed and think about all the things I need to do until I finally relent at 6:15 AM, get up and return to my computer.

Which is perhaps why I laced tonight's evening work session with a glass of wine.

It just makes the whole working late thing that much more civilized.

I am still "getting out" mind you - I went swimming earlier this evening for the first time in... what year is it? Not important. What is important is that I swam, I soaked in the hot tub, I lounged in the steam room, I went outside and my hair promptly froze...

Have I mentioned it is absurdly cold outside?

Probably not important.

So you've probably noticed by now that I really have nothing to say...

...

...

{birds chirping}

...


So I'll just post a couple pictures of my dog and call it even.

Sleep well, all.

No comments: