Thursday, June 07, 2007

Passionately passive-aggressive

Thanks to everyone who commented about me sending my kid to his room... I assure you, there are no rusty nails (well, maybe only one or two), and certainly no meat that I'm aware of, rotten or otherwise. I have actually considered putting a computer in Kai's room, only because he is the only person in the house who uses our old desktop, but I'm with you on the TV thing, Katie. I've never - not once in my life - had a TV in my bedroom, so I think I can justify not letting him have one.

And thanks bubandpie for the sweet comment about my new banner. I'm quite happy with it! These were flowers that Keith and Kai had waiting for me when I returned from Acapulco - gerbera daisies - my favourite. Mind you, they've all taken on some odd kind of blight and are covered with black speckles... I digress. Anyhow, now that I know how to change my banner, I'm sure it'll be updated once in a while just to keep things fresh.

I wanted to share something I found online today - it made me laugh right out loud, only because I was remembering so fondly the things that I used to do unknowingly (albeit inconsiderately) that annoyed some of my old roommates. I'm sure we all have fond memories of our old roomies' irritating quirks or likewise the things that irked them about us. There is one in particular that made me giggle while thinking a friend making a threat with his rotary phone. You know who you are. So check it out. Especially those of you who were old housemates or roommates of mine. Enjoy!

Of course, be warned - we all know about the site now, so it might not be best to submit your own experiences. Although that would be the ultimate in passive-aggression.

2 comments:

bubandpie said...

Is Blogger putting the title and tagline on there, or did you photoshop it? I tried uploading my banner using the Dashboard layout feature, and couldn't get it to work so I had to paste the URL into the template the old-fashioned way.

Becky said...

On my first couple attempts, I was putting the title and tagline on the photo myself, and choosing the little "instead of..." option instead of "behind..." What took more time was trying to work within the template that Keith chose (with rounded corners) to get the new banner in line with the left set of text. Let's keep in mind here, I've done virtually *NO* html programming previously. Neverthless, a little playing around with the margins for the "header" options in the template and I was able to drop this pretty little thing right into place, satisfied with the way the white header looked and letting this banner coexist with it.

Maybe someday I'll have time to learn how to program in html and I'll do my own template, but for now, I've got some quilting to do.