Thursday, June 14, 2007

"thank you God for the cookie recipe"

I'm feeling a little like I'm neglecting you. After almost a week with no posts, I felt I should grace you with my presence once again. Do you feel graced?

Don't answer that.

The assembly line continueth. At last count I have completed 23 blocks. At some point I'm going to need to determine exactly how many I'll need in toto, but for now I'm just going to keep sewing sewing sewing.

I think I've read that Nemo book too many times.

I timed myself, by the way. 16 minutes for one block, start to finish, not including the actual block cutting. Add a couple minutes here or there for refilling the bobbin or changing the CD in the CD player, and I'd guess that three blocks per hour is a good estimate. It is a good thing that I find it so therapeutic.

Anyhow, I'm itching to get back upstairs to my quilt-making right now, but I made a promise to make some cookies, so I'm going to have to do that first. If I wasn't so tired after supper, I would have made them with Kai, but I asked him if he would mind if I made them after he went to bed and he could have some tomorrow. He said that would be fine.

What a gracious little kid he is somedays.

Most days.

That would likely explain why he thanked God for "the cookie recipe" in his nighttime prayer tonight. This was along with his puddles, the neighbour kids, our house, Jake and, well, "everything".

Off to the cookie-making. And yes - it's the same recipe that I've been making since I was ... oh, I don't know... 7? 5? I don't know that I've ever thanked God specifically for the recipe though.

No comments: